From: Goldschmidts, Walter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 2:47 PM
To: Jill M. Mortali
Cc: Swenson, Dana; Karin O. Spanos
Subject: Upcoming NSF Workshop Information

Jill,

I am the Director of Sponsored Programs at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory on Long Island, New York.

On behalf of our institution, I wanted to let you know that the National Science Foundation (NSF) has agreed to co-host a one-day workshop with CSHL on October 22, 2013.

This one day workshop (announcement and tentative agenda attached) is intended to assist new faculty and other research scientists and educators from the New York and the northeast region to learn more about the full scope of NSF supported research and education programs and priorities and to better understand the NSF grant proposal and merit review process.

Given the ever increasing constraints on Federal travel, we were very pleased that the NSF agreed to come to Long Island. Support from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation has been secured by CSHL to help defray participant costs so that registration fees can be held to a minimum.

Anticipated concurrent breakout sessions during the workshop include:

Biological Sciences

Computer & Information Science

Engineering

Education and Human Resources

Geosciences Mathematical and Physical Sciences

Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences

We are beginning to advertise the event and wanted to be sure that faculty at Dartmouth interested in attending have an opportunity to secure a spot.

Please encourage those that could benefit from the event to register early by visiting: http://meetings.cshl.org/meetingsregistration_nic.asp

If anyone has any questions they can contact my assistant Dana-Lynn Swenson ([log in to unmask] 516 367-6848) or me.

Thank you,

Walter

Walter L. Goldschmidts, Ph.D.

Executive Director Sponsored Programs

Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

516 367-6835

To unsubscribe from the INVESTIGATORS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INVESTIGATORS