I spent three hours this morning walking Thomson's Tree Farm in Orford and the south side of Mt. Cube and despite a late start and the heat, managed 45 species. This area is accessible from Quinttown Rd. in Orford and includes the closest thing to boreal habitat that we have in town. I explored the "bogs", which aren't true bogs, but have a real boreal feel, and Pickerel Pond which is almost at 2000 feet in elevation. Then I cut through on an old trail to Hexacuba shelter below Cube's south summit, then back to my car. Highlights included 12 warbler species, including Blackpoll near Pickerel Pond, a Swainson's Thrush, a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher near Hexacuba and 6 Golden-crowned Kinglets. I also saw lots of breeding evidence, including 3 Ruffed Grouse with at least 9 chicks among them, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker feeding young at a nest-hole and a Black-and-white Warbler feeding fledglings. Lastly, I saw tons of White Admirals and dragonflies and damselflies. Still learning my "odes", but got great looks at Ebony Jewelwings along the brook that leads down from T.T.F.
The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from Lebanon School District employees regarding the business of the School District, are government records available to the public upon request.  Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.  This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any review, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.