Yesterday we enjoyed seeing a male hummer, Baltimore oriole, and possibly an indigo bunting. Our wren retuned several days ago and is pursuing the blue bird box. Also heard our first killdeer even though there is little grass left at the edge of the owed field.

On Tue we had a sharpie feasting on a pigeon who decided we were watching too closely. He flew off with his trophy only to get in the path of an oncoming vehicle as the weight was to great to get lift. He finally dropped the pigeon on the windshield and flew straight up to avoid getting hit. We were holding our breaths watching this spectacle. The startled driver and passenger thought they hit something alive and turned around to come back. We explained that it was the dead pigeon that hit their windshield and the sharpie went up to a nearby tree branch. Very kind of the couple who wondered what they would have done if they had returned to a damaged bird. They said all they could see was these talons coming at them and then a loud noise hitting the windshield. Very kind and conscientious of them to return to see how they could mitigate damages.

Linda Thompson