Hey everyone,

I was out along Mink Brook this evening and noted the following birds of interest (except for the sandpiper, all were in/near the preserve):

Spotted Sandpiper 1 on the mudflat near the bridge
Eastern Kingbird 1
House Wren 2
Ovenbird 2
Yellow Warbler 2
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Black-and-white Warbler 2
American Redstart 2

I also had a mystery warbler singing in the preserve area, along the brook near the older growth forest. Maybe I was overthinking this one, but I did not recognize it, and to me (after listening to playback) the closest sounding bird was Wilson's Warbler, though that was not a direct match either. The song consisted of a number of medium paced notes repeated, with the last few wrapping up the song at a higher pitch (if my memory serves me right). I tried to record the call, but it was too faint at that point. Interesting!

In addition, I was at an area north of the golf course this afternoon and heard what sounded like an Indigo Bunting- have these started to arrive yet?

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth