*A Wrinkle in Timeliness Pt 2 – Perfecting FileMaker Pro Recursion &
Virtualization, by Andy Persons of Excelisys*
*
*

Perfecting FileMaker Pro Recursion & Virtualization Part 2 explores the use
of recursion and virtualization (through global variables) in solving
complex data interconnectivity challenges using FileMaker Pro 12 in a
multi-user client-server environment. Using a specific case study of an
Excelisys project/client in the medical manufacturing industry, Andy
discusses and demonstrate the dramatic performance benefits that can be
gained with the techniques involved.

Have you ever had a FileMaker Pro project where each task depended on other
tasks to be completed before it could start? How would you keep track of
the projected completion date of the project as various tasks were
completed or delayed? What if the project involved hundreds of tasks and
tens of thousands of dependencies?

In my previous post, I introduced the challenge: Updating hundreds or
thousands of tasks interconnected with tens of thousands of connections. We
also took a look at a couple possible solutions, but determined that they
were unworkable. In this second installment, we look at an alternate
recursive approach and why it is superior to the one we discussed last
time. Let’s take a look at this other possibility shall we…

Perfecting FileMaker Pro Recursion & Virtualization Part
2<http://www.excelisys.com/blog/2013/05/07/perfecting-filemaker-pro-recursion-virtualization/>

- Christo
Founder/President
Excelisys, Inc.