I have been seeing a Hermit Thrush recently at Mink Brook, but I was speaking with a friend of mine back in North Carolina and he said he hasn't seen many thrushes, and they have had migration going strong for some time now. Might not just be us...

Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

From: Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:31 AM
Subject: [UVB] Mystery Trail

1.5 hours enjoying May Day at the UVD.

21 species.  1 FOY… House Wren.

Highlights:

1 BhVireo…good look.
2 Ea Phoebes
2 Song Sp
3 Whthr Sp
3 Swamps
2 Yb Sapsuckers
2 Mall
2 Ca Geese…..a rather “peace and quiet” disturbing pair at the beaver pond.
1 Osprey
1 BeKingfisher
2 B&WWarblers
1 Yr Wa
1 Pine Wa
AND…..1 Hermit Thrush.  My last bird as I climbed into the car. Listened for awhile.  I had earlier been thinking how absent the thrushes have been. May be a tad early for Wood, but….. basically no hermits !  Concern ?

3 ticks.

BS

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator