Hey everyone,

This afternoon I birded a couple areas near Quechee. First, I spent some time at Quechee Gorge. The best birds were a number of Black-and-white Warblers that were singing up a storm. They allowed great views and I was able to record some of the song. Below is the list:

Quechee Gorge trail, Windsor, US-VT
May 4, 2013 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
5 species

Northern Rough-winged Swallow 3
Black-and-white Warbler 4
Pine Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler 3
Song Sparrow 3

I then spent half an hour birding the willow trees at the Quechee Green. Best birds were a very vocal Warbling Vireo and Yellow Warbler. Below is the list:

Quechee Green trail, Windsor, US-VT
May 4, 2013 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
9 species

Eastern Kingbird 2
Warbling Vireo 1
American Robin 2
Yellow Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 1
Savannah Sparrow 4
Song Sparrow 4
Common Grackle 2
American Goldfinch 4

I also birded for about 45 min at Mink Brook later, but had nothing too interesting to report. The two Chimney Swifts I heard this morning though did make an appearance around noon on campus. I'm hoping to bird Mink Brook and Pine Knoll Cemetery tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll find some more migrants.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth