Immature Bald Eagle sitting in a red maple along the eastern shore. Watched him for ten minutes or so, as he watched me, like a hawk(!). Various waterfowl at the north end of the lake, as well as the largest gathering of tree swallows I've ever seen swooping and circling over the water, I'm guessing around 200 individuals. Quite a sight...
Yellow rumped warblers singing as well, 3 or 4 of 'em. FOY-
Mark Council
Fairlee

--
It's not by chance that the dark center of human eye, the pupil, is actually an empty hole through which the world becomes known to us. Likewise, in a spiritual sense, the I is the empty center through which we see everything. It's revealing that such a threshold is called the pupil, for it is only when we are emptied of all noise and dreams of ego that we become truly teachable. -Mark Nepo