Last night (after a brilliant concert at the HOP)…it was raining.  I decided to venture up Academy Rd Thetford.   I drive very slowly and stopped to move 8

Yellow-spotted Salamanders across  the road, to water side.  I wet my hands and move them.   Sweet creatures I never see.

Kilowat this am: 1 horned Grebe (in transitional plumage), 10 R-b Gulls, 5 Ring-n Ducks, buffleheads, mergs

Pompy Farms, RT 5:  40 Tree Swallows, 2 BeKingfishers, 9 Wood Ducks, 12 Co Mergs. 1 No Flicker

Pompy Flats: 7 GW Teal, 2 Killldeer

Feeder: 40+ juncos, Am Tree Sp, Co Redpolls.

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator

CT River Birding Trail

2360 Academy Road