A note from NIH:

eRA Alert: RPPR Errantly Made Available for Non-SNAP Eligible Awards

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Due to a technical issue, eRA Commons is currently allowing for the initiation of a Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) for non-SNAP awards.  Per Guide Notice NOT-OD-13-035, the RPPR process can only be used for SNAP and Fellowship awards.  We are working to have this issue corrected before Friday, May 3, 2013.

Please do NOT initiate RPPRs for non-SNAP grants.

RPPR currently only supports streamlined progress reports for Streamlined Noncompeting Award Process (SNAP) and Fellowship awards, as it lacks the functionality to provide detailed budgets.  As such, the RPPR is not currently an acceptable format for a progress report for non-SNAP awards.

Submit your non-SNAP progress report using the standard paper process as described in the instruction guide for Non-Competing Continuation Progress Report PHS 2590 (Revised 08/2012).

If you inadvertently initiate an RPPR for a non-SNAP award, please revert back to the standard paper process and contact Scarlett Gibb at [log in to unmask] so that the electronic report can be deleted from the database. Please provide all relevant information about the grant in question (grant number, organization/institution, PI Commons account name, etc.) to Scarlett.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to correct the error.

eRA Communications

Division of Communications and Outreach

NIH Office of Extramural Research

Questions? Please contact the eRA Help Desk. Check out self-help resources on the Help page before submitting an online ticket; or call Toll-free: 1-866-504-9552, Phone: 301-402-7469, TTY: 301-451-5939; or email [log in to unmask]" title="[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]. The Help Desk hours are Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET

Help us improve our communications; send your suggestions and feedback to [log in to unmask] or call 301-435-8185.

To read other recent articles and messages, please visit our Latest News page at http://era.nih.gov/news_and_events/index.cfm.

Check out thenew.gifeRA Training pages for eRA Commons demos, presentations and FAQs