I am new at this but driving home on the dirt part of new boston rd near rock ledge in norwich, a bird with orange belly, big dark spots on back and a long bill was slowly crossing the road. Searching pictures it looked like a virginia or king rail. Possible? any other ideas?

Carol French

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM, UV-BIRDERS automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Topics of the day:

  1. feeders
  2. bears
  3. Eastern Bluebird, Song Sparrow in Orford
  4. Mr. Timberdoodle (2)
  5. Merlins
  6. Lake Fairlee birds
  7. Blue-winged Teal
  8. Lake Runnemede sightings

Date:    Sat, 30 Mar 2013 06:51:40 -0400
From:    David Merker <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: feeders

When should we be considering taking our feeders down?

David Merker
Etna, NH

Date:    Sat, 30 Mar 2013 07:16:10 -0400
From:    David Merker <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: bears

Just heard the news on public radio and they supplied the reminder that april 1 is the time to take feeders down... One year we photographed 6 different bears... at our feeders. So now we stop feeding in spring. Thanks

David Merker
Etna, NH