Wayne and I took a lovely morning walk around the lake, which yielded a few surprises:

a solitary FOY  Tree Swallow
25 Redpolls foraging in the field and flying back and forth.

Other sightings were:
60 Canada Geese-fly-overs
15 Comon Mergansers
1 Belted Kingfisher
4 Blue Jays
6 Crows
12  Chickadees
1 Song Sparrow, singing mightily
2 Cardinal, also singing
2 Redwings

And a bonus muskrat swimming and diving along the East shore-very entertaining-even got underwater pictures. (No , we didn't dive, but it did!).

A very short stop at Dewey's Mills produced a pair of Hoodies. Very quiet there- pond side sill mostly frozen.

At home we still have 6-15 Redpolls. Evening Grosbeaks have been here but scarce since first sighting. Saw one female yesterday.  Brown Creeper has been to the suet recently.  Barred Owl still around occasionally-Wayne heard it around 3 PM today.

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/