from Cynthia Evans <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Subject: Reminder: Call for Proposals, Cultures and Languages across the Curriculum conference
Date: March 27, 2013 5:17:27 PM GMT+03:00
To: Esther Horn <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

I am forwarding a second call for proposals from our host for CLAC 2013:

Reminder:  Proposals are due March 29th, 2013

The Seventh Annual Conference on Cultures and Languages Across the Curriculum (CLAC) will focus on how to grow and sustain CLAC programs. In this time of diminished budgets and the need for assessment of learning outcomes, attendees at the conference will learn and be able to explain options for different models of CLAC programs and how CLAC programs can enhance other programs on campus.

Growing and Sustaining CLAC Programs
Sept. 19-20, 2013
University of Richmond
Richmond, Virginia

Conference Themes
Seasoned CLAC practitioners, those in the process of implementing programs, as well as prospective program developers, will come together to share ideas and best practices in our evolving and unique field of education for global citizens.

We invite session proposals for panels (presentation for 60 min total + 30 min Q&A) or poster presentations on Growing and Sustaining CLAC programs, specifically, but not exclusively, on the following CLAC topics:
    Starting a CLAC program
    Assessment
    Association with STEM programs
    Involving international students
    Outreach to community-based learning
    Opportunities for the returned study abroad student

For more information on the conference and how to submit a proposal, see: http://international.richmond.edu/campus/c-lac/clac-conference/index.html
For more information on CLAC, see: http://clacconsortium.org/

Joe Hoff,  Ph.D.
Associate Dean of International Education, Coordinator of Culture and Languages Across the Curriculum (C-LAC)
28 Westhampton Way
Carole Weinstein International Center, Suite 103
University of Richmond
Richmond, VA 23173
tel. (804)287-1802, fax (804)287-8904
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
OIE: http://international.richmond.edu<http://international.richmond.edu/>
[cid:image001.png@01CE2A16.66555AC0]<https://www.facebook.com/URstudyabroad>

[CWIC rendering with words]

[cid:image001.png@01CE2A16.66555AC0][cid:image002.jpg@01CE2A16.66555AC0]