from  iCloud <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Subject: PG Conference in Applied Linguistics
Date: March 20, 2013 1:49:00 PM CDT
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

16th Warwick International Postgraduate Conference in Applied Linguistics: CALL FOR PAPERS

The Centre for Applied Linguistics at the University of Warwick (UK) will hold its annual conference this June,25-26th, 2013.

The Postgraduate Conference is organized solely by students, for students and aims to offer the opportunity for postgraduate students from any institution worldwide to present their research in various areas of applied linguistics. In the past 15 years it has been a very well received event, attracting early career academics and postgraduate students from different regions of the world.

A major reason for the long lasting success of the conference is its top-class keynote speakers, who are willing to share their insights and knowledge with promising future researchers and high-potential students in their respective fields. Our previous conferences have featured notable keynote speakers such as Professor Anne Burns and Professor Jennifer Jenkins and this year we are pleased to announce Professor Zoltan Dörnyei and Dr. Regine Hampel as our keynote speakers.

We welcome proposals for presentations on topics in one of the following themes:

  *   English Language Learning, Teaching, and Assessment
  *   Professional and Academic Discourse
  *   Working and Communicating Across Cultures

Presentations will be 20 mins, with 10 mins at the end for questions. We welcome a variety of perspectives and encourage presentations which report on on-going or in-progress projects or research.

Proposals should be submitted online at:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/al/research/conferences/wpgc2013/<https://dbxprd0112.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=omzQszFUB02mLvAxyZR9_goo3aIt-c8In3s7LxWYesKsglJZa8RMaOAoc3m-pCTcWptql8BdsxY.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww2.warwick.ac.uk%2ffac%2fsoc%2fal%2fresearch%2fconferences%2fwpgc2013%2f>

Abstract submission closes: 28th April 2013

Notification of acceptance: 12th May 2013

Spaces for the conference are limited. Early Bird tickets are available now for a discounted price of £21 for one day, £36 for two (full prices are £40 and £46) including dinner.

For more information, please contact Irene Negri ([log in to unmask]<https://dbxprd0112.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=omzQszFUB02mLvAxyZR9_goo3aIt-c8In3s7LxWYesKsglJZa8RMaOAoc3m-pCTcWptql8BdsxY.&URL=mailto%3aI.Negri%40warwick.ac.uk>)