Check out ZeroBlueTech. They are FileMaker people and sell scanners that go with iDevices:

http://store.zerobluetech.com/bestsellers/ipad-solutions.html

j.

On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:48 PM, Steve Lemond <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I am working on a solution to automate the tracking of monthly checks of fire extinguishers.  We plan on using an Ipad and Filemaker Go to track when an extinguisher has been checked each month.  The extinguisher will have a barcode that will be scanned and a database record created with a date/time stamp.  These records will be uploaded to a server database later to track the extinguishers that were checked and help track the ones that still need to be checked.  It has been mentioned to make the barcode a QR code.   I have searched the internet for scanning plugins.  Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with any barcode plugins for Filemaker?   Currently, I will be using Filemaker 11.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
FileMaker 9/10/11/12 Certified Developer

Fletcher Data Consulting
http://www.fletcherdata.com
502-509-7137

Personal Blog o'Stuff: http://jfletch.posterous.com

Kentuckiana's FileMaker Developers Group
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 26th, noon to 3:30-ish
http://www.kyfmp.com