My Family and I were able to observe a Cooper's Hawk late this afternoon in our yard, which is along 12A in Cornish. It was as large as a crow so we are fairly sure it was a Cooper's Hawk. We think she must have flown into a wire or maybe even our fence as she seemed stunned and didn't fly away for at least 15+ minutes as we watched her and were able to get within 5 feet of her. We wanted to see if we could see any visible damage, but we didn't.  We waited a bit and were going to call VINS if she didn't fly away as it was getting dark. But she has gone on but we feel lucky to have seen her so close.  Beautiful bird!

Heather Nowlan
Cornish, NH