from [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dear IALLT members,

Many of you are familiar with TalkAbroad from previous IALLT list
contributions or meeting us at the IALLT conference.

Quick Summary: we are a tool used to include conversation practice with
native speakers in the curriculum of language courses. We currently work
with around 60 universities in classes ranging from the 100-level to the
300-level+. We offer trained conversation partners in Spanish, French,
Arabic, and Chinese.

*A beta-program with Persian native speakers is being introduced this
Spring/Summer/Fall*

We are looking for 5 students (a class or independent study students) to
test the new Persian program. This will allow them to have regular
conversation practice with a native Persian speaker throughout the
semester. The persian conversation partners are native Iranians(living in
Iran until recently) currently living in Turkey. A very exciting
opportunity for cultural exchange and learning.

Requirements:

  - Students must be enrolled in a Persian class or independent study that
  has a pre-existing curriculum.
  - TalkAbroad conversations must be required in the curriculum no less
  than 5 times.

*Cost: Free*.  As this is a pilot run with a new language and new
conversation partners TalkAbroad will be covering all costs associated with
the program.

For more information please email me at [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,

--

Todd Nichols
University Partnerships, TalkAbroad