On 3 Jan 2013, at 14:41, George Maschke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have a long list of IP addresses that are alphabetically sorted in ascending order. Each IP address is on a separate line (or in a separate paragraph). What I'd like to do is identify duplicate paragraphs and in each case, delete both instances.

Can anyone think of a handy way to do this via PowerFind or with a macro?

You can use Kino's Check for Duplicate Paragraphs, which you can download from:

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/edit/

After the macro is run, all duplicate paragraphs will remain selected.
(Pressing Delete will delete the selections)

Hamid