We have a Brown Creeper that is coming to a peanut butter feeder in
our yard.  It started by robbing suet the nuthatches were stashing in
the bark of trees near my feeder.  It then discovered some suet and a
peanut butter / cornmeal mix (PBCM) I pushed into the bark of a tree
near the feeders.  It then found suet and PBCM at the base of the tree
and was grazing on that.  Finally, it made the connection between the
PBCM and the feeders I have up with PBCM in them.  It now seems hooked
on the stuff, spending quite a bit of time at the feeder.  The whole
process took about 5 years.  Slow learners.

Marianne and Michael Walsh
151 East Camp Hill Road
Weathersfield, VT 05156-9629