I use my iPad for documentation, so I keep a ton of PDFs from various sources on it. I also can't resist quite a few apps and photos and a little music. The problem arises when I want to also put a TV program or two or a movie on it and I have very little room left. I have been getting notices lately that I cannot download updates to apps because I don't have enough room. I have been thinking of this issue myself lately and I have decided that 32GB is going to have to be the minimum from now on.

But if you use it pretty much just for FileMaker then the smallest should be enough.

j.