from [log in to unmask]

Dear John,

You might look at the Bamboo Pen Tablet by Wacom (http://amzn.to/11lE6Hk).  We purchased one for our center year or so ago and it allows you to write directly into Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and other input-device supported software - even directly into a web browser using the Tablet PC Input Panel (on Windows 7).  Not sure if your WYSIWYG editor in Moodle would support it or not; it might be worth a shot.  You will need to make sure that the machine you are using does have an OS that supports tablet components.

Best,
Keah

P.S.  If you are running Windows 7 Professional or Enterprise, you can install the different language packs for Windows and the Tablet PC Input Panel will recognize handwritten characters is the language packs you install (via optional Windows Updates).  A Chinese instructor at KU tried it out ... trying to trick it, and it actually did pretty well.

Keah Cunningham
Assistant Director
Ermal Garinger Academic Resource Center
University of Kansas