I'm not sure how tell what encoding method is used. I'll I can tell is that it is plain text.

Jim

On Dec 2, 2012, at 12:36 AM, Beatrix Willius wrote:

Hi James,

this is odd. What encoding is the file supposed to be?

On 02.12.2012, at 06:24, James Babb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Previous attempts to edit the file have failed. I'm now using UltraEdit wich is a disk based editor. It's allowing me to edit and save this large file. It looks like there was some kind of nasty character. Removing the offending record seems to have solved this.

I'm still curious what the cause was. The file would read right into the middle of word. There is nothing noticeably different about the text, yet deleting the record did the trick. Maybe some encoding glitch in the file?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals