from [log in to unmask]

Dear Takeshi,

Windows 7 does not allow you to easily (and natively) manage a default user profile anymore (like it did in the past with XP).  I have two labs running Windows 7 with nearly 35 language keyboards installed on the default user profile using a program called Windows Enabler.  The program basically allows you to click on buttons or run commands that Windows disables, and copying settings over to a default profile is one of them (the Copy To… button should normally be grayed out).  Running Windows Enabler allows you to click on the Copy To… button and copy settings over anyway.  There are some registry edits you need to perform after copying the profile each time so you should be comfortable rooting around in the registry before deciding to use Windows Enabler.  We have Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Russian (A homophonic one created here at EGARC), Ukrainian, Uyghur, etc. all on the default user profile – basically all of the languages listed here: http://languages.ku.edu/.

Here is a link to the .dll and .exe file that you need (and two instructional docs): http://ge.tt/3BT5I0S.  There may be other ways to do language keyboards on the Windows 7 default user profile, but this has worked for me.  It’s not difficult once you’ve done it once or twice.  It’s just quite a few steps.

Feel free to contact me off list if you need further assistance.

Best,
Keah

Keah Cunningham
Assistant Director