from [log in to unmask]

Dear All,

UCLA is considering using Moodle for its language placement exams, but we want to make sure that incoming students who can write an Asian script, but are perhaps not familiar with keyboard layouts, will be correctly rated. Therefore, we are looking at the idea of using tablets to capture handwriting for these languages, which would then be included with the rest of the exam results. I am not necessarily looking for handwriting recognition, but would be perfectly happy just capturing an image (like a jpeg or pdf) and passing it on to Moodle.

Does anyone else have any experience trying this or something like it? I'd rather not reinvent the wheel, and I would like any tips or warnings that you might want to share.

Sincerely,

John A. Lynch, Ph.D. | Instructional Technology Coordinator
UCLA CENTER FOR DIGITAL HUMANITIES
(310) 206-5630