from  [log in to unmask]

As Chair of the IALLT 2013 Program Committee, I am pleased to announce our Call for Papers! An abridged version of the call is included below, the full version is attached to this email and will be available from the conference web site.

The conference site (http://2013.iallt.org) is undergoing some final tweaking. Submissions will be accepted through the site beginning the week after Thanksgiving, so you have time to get your proposals ready.

You can visit the site now to sign up for news and updates about the conference.

We look forward to seeing you all in Fort Lauderdale in June!

Judi

--
Judi Franz, MA, Director
Humanities Instructional Resource Center

International Assoc. for Language Learning Technology
Host of IALLT 2011 | http://iallt2011.wordpress.com/
IALLT Board 2003-2009  |  http://iallt.org/

*IALLT 2013 CALL FOR PAPERS*

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

June 11-15, 2013

The International Association for Language Learning Technology is a professional organization devoted to the advancement, integration, evaluation, and management of instructional technology for the teaching and learning of language, literature and culture.This conference will be of particular interest to all language and culture instructors whether K-12 or post-secondary, to individuals affiliated with a media center or language lab, to developers of language technology, and to individuals interested in any facet of language learning technology. The biennial IALLT conference attracts participants world-wide and offers an international perspective into the future of educational technology for language and cultural learning.

**

The theme for the 2013 conference, "Sunshine and Cloud Apps: The Next Generation in Language Learning Technology," reflects both the atmosphere of Florida, "The Sunshine State", as well as a glance into the future with the wide use of "Apps" that are already making their mark with the next generation of language users in global social networks and seamless, mobile technologies.The hosts of the conference, Pine Crest School and Florida Atlantic University, are culturally diverse campuses which pride themselves in second-language acquisition.As the first K-12 host school in IALLT history, we are proud to announce that Yo Azama, 2012 ACTFL Teacher of the Year, will be our Keynote Speaker.

**

**

**

*SUGGESTED TOPICS*

Although no technology conference is complete without demonstrations of the latest gadgets, software and digital resources, the categories of proposals we are seeking are equally focused in the fields of pedagogy, methods, best practices, K-12, Specific Tools/Technologies, Lab and Media Center Administration.Suggested topics include, but are *_not_* limited to:

Best Practices in Computer-Assisted Language Learning

Professional Development Solutions and Challenges

New Frameworks for Distance Education and Hybrid Environments

Leadership in the field of Language Learning Technologies

Innovative Practices in K-12 Language and Cultural Learning

Lab and Media Center Administration

Generation NeXt, Technology and Language Education

Online Language Learning Today and Tomorrow

Student and institutional privacy issues in digital language learning contexts

New Horizons in Gaming and Virtual Reality for Language & Cultural Learning

Augmented reality for the language learning context

The Edges of Copyright & e-Learning

Mobile language learning

**

*SESSION TYPES*

a.Full day pre-conference workshop

b.Half day pre-conference workshop

c.60 minute panel presentation

d.25 minute poster presentation

e.25 minute paper presentation

f.45 minute paper/demonstration session

*
***

**

*Please submit an abstract of up to 100 words, and a full description of up to 300 words.*

**

*The deadline for submitting proposals to the Program Committee is January 11, 2013. Questions regarding the program, proposals or the submission process can be sent to the Program Chair, Judi Franz ([log in to unmask]).We urge you to begin preparing your proposals before the submission form is ready.*