from [log in to unmask]

I did want to update that when I called yesterday, I was successful in reaching the vendor and the representative was very helpful in answering my questions and addressing my concerns.

I want to join the others on this list who have commended BYU for having maintained the test for so long and made it available to so many people at such a (almost shameful) low cost all these years.  To be honest, as the placement tests have always come from a budget other than my own, I had no idea just how low a cost they were until now!

My concerns are not lack of gratitude or recognition of the necessity of change, just making sure that when I do go forward to the Administration that I can show due diligence in researching alternatives and cost / benefit relationship.  For a state university that has serious concerns for funding and staff/faculty cuts, I am concerned that the administration will not see placement testing a priority for funding given the increase and so it is that much more important that I go in with evaluations of competitive products (or proof that there aren't any).

Thank you all for coming together to discuss this topic, and I do hope no one sees this as a negative discussion but rather as a productive one so that we can continue to offer a invaluable tool for our students.

Thank you once again,
Deanne

Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo
Director, Language Resource Center
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

phone:  484-646-5865
email:   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/KU_LRC