from  [log in to unmask]

Anyone else got a BYU 'Dear John' letter as they phase out access to WebCAPE and move legacy customers to a third party vendor? What are your plans for placement exams now?

If you're like me, you need to plan for things a year in advance when it comes to the joys of budget preparation. So, given that we will have to either pay a new vendor more, and given that we are rewriting our course outcomes for all of our languages, we'd need to adjust our placement exam anyway...

That said, anyone using SLUPE? > http://phrants.net/pt/pt.html  What do you think? Successes? Challenges?

Reply to any and all of this here on the listserv or by emailing me directly if you prefer.

Thanks in advance!

Georges Detiveaux
Manager, Instructional Technology & Adjunct Support, Teaching & Learning Center
French Instructor, Department of World Languages
Lone Star College-CyFair
9191 Barker Cypress Road, LRNC-208S
Cypress, TX 77433
phone 281.290.5975 fax 281.290.5266