The sparrow movement here in Etna has been remarkable!. This is mostly in volume rather than species, but I have not had these numbers of mostly white throats in a number of years. Song sparrows were in thick early and it eased into white throats. Today I tried to count them. It was a challenge to say the least. This morning I counted about 30 on the front lawn and by the days end, I got home to 70+ sparrows around my feeding station. it was quite a site, mostly white throats with white crowned, chipping and song. Around the grounds are swamp, vesper and Savannah. No Fox. A junco or two... But the numbers were impressive.

David Merker
Etna, NH