Wayne Cripps  (my husband), reported talking to a man at Dewey's Mills pond who was spraying Roundup on "invasive plants" today on the causeway. He mentioned loosestrife specifically.  There are many many birds there- sparrows, phoebes, wrens, warblers, etc. etc. I am really concerned.  This stuff will drift into the water , most likely, where waterfowl and aquatic life will also be affected.  Not to mention human toxicity...I will not be walking there any time soon. Although I am especially sensitive to these kinds of things, I think it is well worth everyone's at least considering the harm/benefit ratio in such cases.  I have no idea how this was authorized or how much is being used.

here's an article that might be of interest:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/roundup.cfm

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/