Hey everyone,

This evening I did some more exploring to search for migrants. I got out a little later than I had hoped, but ended up having a decent time birding. I first biked to Mink Brook, or the entrance to it, but didn't have much besides Song and Swamp Sparrows, Gray Catbird, and Ruby-throated Hummingbird.

Then I went over to the entrance to Pine Knolls Cemeter (had gone there before Mink Brook but not much activity), and stumbled on a nice small flock on the side of the road. Most of the birds were Black-throated Green Warblers, but I did have a Northern Parula and Black-and-white Warbler, as well as a female Scarlet Tanager and Blue-headed, Red-eyed, and Philadelphia Vireos (really pleased with the Philadelphia, some great looks).

Then, as I was making my way back to my dorm on campus I saw another Common Nighthawk (same individual as yesterday?) fly over Dartmouth. Below is the list of birds I had near the entrance of the cemtery.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

Pine Knolls Cemetery, Grafton, US-NH
Sep 14, 2012 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 mile(s)
Comments:    Birding at the entrance of the cemetery
12 species

Blue-headed Vireo  1
Philadelphia Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  1