Just took a noontime break for lunch on the deck, and was treated to a kettle of 5-6 Broad-winged Hawks right above our treetops.
 In the time it took me to run and get my binos, more hawks were joining the rising thermal.  As I watched, the kettle continued to grow in numbers, until it reached over 40 individuals.  I gave up using my binos because I was shaking too much from excitement!
 Once that kettle went out of site, another kettle began to form with 13 individuals in the same area.

 I hope I can continue with my painting project today, and not fall off the ladder looking up.

 David Jorgensen
 Storrs Hill
 Lebanon, NH