from [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to ask for your assistance in locating studies for a
meta-analysis I am conducting for the Special Operations Forces Language
Office (SOFLO) on how foreign language training duration impacts skill
level retention. The goal of this study is to determine the relationships
between the length of the initial foreign language learning/training and
learners’ proficiency levels at various retention intervals following the
conclusion of the initial learning/training (e.g., immediately afterwards,
several weeks later, 1 year later, etc.).

I am specifically interested in adult populations (military, corporate
samples); however, am also including k-12 and college samples.
Additionally, we are not limiting our search to any specific foreign
language. Do you know of any studies that provide this type of information
using these kinds of samples? I am looking for published or unpublished
studies, technical reports, conference presentations/posters, briefings and
theses/dissertations related to this specific topic. Any assistance you can
provide in directing me to these types of studies is greatly
appreciated. Please
note that your work will be cited in the list of included studies,
providing an additional recognition of your primary research.

If you do have (or know of) something that might be relevant, please email (
[log in to unmask]) or call me at 919-835-1562 ext. 7010. Thank
you for your help!

Sincerely,

Matt Borneman, Ph.D.

--