Hello UVCB-

A friend of mine has been in touch with me about an acquaintance of hers from Nigeria, who is looking to bring instrument back to his homeland to teach youth how to play.  Below is some of the info I've been given.  If you have something you'd like to donate, please be in touch with Chris.  His email is:  [log in to unmask]

Thanks-
Cindy B.P.
His name is Father Christopher Chukwu.  He recently retired from DHMC. He is a catholic priest and from Nigeria.  He is returning there to take another assignment, maybe a school director/principal.  His other goal is to build a library and resource center for the community.  See below for email and his cell phone number is 802-291-4334. The church number is 802-649-1682. He is living at the church right now and the church phone number is probably the best phone number.  Email works well for him too.  I understand him to be a sincere person trying to forward education for young people and make a positive impact in communities. Thank you for your help, I believe that he will make good use of any donation.
Hi again, I was able to contact Fr. Chris and he provided more information reguarding his quest:
Hi Marylan,
The musical instruments sought is for the purpose of forming a youth band in "Amakohia village".
Amakohia, is a village in the town of I hitte in Imo State, Nigeria.  It is a medium sized village of about 5, 000 residents.  Livelihood in the village is dependent on subsistence agriculture on very tiny land holdings. In the  village, there is virtually no employment opportunity for the youth.  Most have to leave the village in search of jobs in the big cities.  One has to have a connection in the city for accommodation allowing one to roam the city in search of employment.  Many a youth cannot afford to leave the village because they do not have a relative in the cities.  It is not that these youth are lazy, most of them have college degrees and in many cases advanced degrees.  I observed during my vacations in that village, that many of these youth are very artistic.  Thinking of the plight of these youth, the idea came to me that providing them with musical instrument might help with their situation.  I am embarking on this to give these youths a chance at creative opportunity.  I have out of pocket purchased a number of musical instruments but it is not enough or complete set to fit a band.
Do not hesitate to get back to me, if you have more questions.
Best,
Chris

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.