While loading my car with gardening tools this morning, I left the house
door open behind me. My car was parked about 15 feet from the door.

as I stepped back into the entryway I could see a small bird in our dinning
room window trying to get out.

This poor scared bird flew back and forth between two large windows at
either end if the room.  Finally I was able to gently capture it  and
identify it as a female

Blackburnian Warbler.  She remained calm while I walked to the door to
release her.  She flew into a nearby apple tree. I have been watching a
pair collecting nesting

materials for a few days now (I assume it was the same female) they have
been around our patio several times when I was no more than 10 feet away.

Heidi Rogers
Enfield, N H