At home this afternoon:

Red Admiral

Black Swallowtail

Can tiger Swallowtail

Mustard White

Spring Azure

Eastern Pine Elfin

Dreamy Duskywing

Also…had 41 species at the Mystery Trail. Alder Flycatcher was season first. Heard LoWa (Louisiana Watherthrush) from the Ompomp.

From the heard but not seen dept:  yesterday while working in Fairlee (outside) I kept hearing a warbler. I wanted to make it a Cape May.

Alas, seems like every year I spend a half hour traipsing around my  yard to find this repetitious, high warbler song. Always turns out to be a Blackpoll Wa.

For me, they are really hard to find while in migration. Easier in the mountains.   So I finally realized I was hearing a BLPW yest.  tricky but good.
BS

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator

CT River Birding Trail