Lorena and I spent a couple productive hours near Newport High School Sunday afternoon.

Highlights were 8 species of warblers, Wilson's Snipe, Brown Thrasher, Veery, Eastern Kingbird, and singing Bobolinks.

We were also overwhelmed by Red Admiral butterflies...there were dozens flying around. We have had numbers of them in our yard as well...they are far more numerous than I remember them
being in the past. We also saw an (early?) Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, plus Mourning Cloak, several American Lady, Spring Azure, Clouded Sulphur, and Cabbage White.

Mark Krenitsky

Species list:

C. Goose
Mallard