From: "Ledgerwood, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: May 3, 2012 12:43:06 PM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Request for information on future directions for Multimedia Language Centres

If I might humbly recommend to this list the new "Language Center Design"
volume published by the International Association for Language Learning
Technology, I think those in Monique's position (and hello Monique from
Alabama!) will find it very useful (and, in the interest of fairness, need
to say I have a chapter in it as well).  The volume is very inexpensive
and available from "Lulu".  It just so happens my own University is in the
same situation as York.  I bought three copies of the volume and had all
of the language faculty read it before we brought in a consultant to talk
to the faculty about language centers Prof. Lance Askildson of Notre Dame
University (who also has chapters in it and who will be the host of next
month's CALICO with IALLT conference.)  For those going to that conference
who are in the same situation I would strongly urge you to tour his Center
at ND.  If you cannot attend that conference the videos he created for his
center that can be found on his web site at http://cslc.nd.edu/ will give
you a good idea of his facility.

Very best to all.

Mikle D. Ledgerwood, Ph.D.
Professor of French and Linguistics
Chair of World Languages and Cultures
Samford University
(205) 726-2747

Past President of the International Association for Language Learning
Technology

Graduate Faculty in Technology and Language Learning, State University of
New York at Stony Brook