As an outsider looking in, and as a former band member, I can't believe I am witnessing adult interactions. Nome of you has to buy designer label wear.   That's what thrift stores are for. AND you can look at it as an investment in attire suitable for an adult in many situations!!

Cindy

On May 8, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Nancy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This issue was put before the band and voted on.   White top and black bottoms was the way the majority voted.     Not now open for discussion!!  Zip it up.
Nancy

From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">pprew47 tds.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: concert dress

I've been trying so hard not to say anything about this - because we wear black and white for formal Kearsarge Community Band concerts, I have that, or I have something probably worn before, but colorful.  But I had one simple thought ...

Is it time to perhaps put this decision on the back burner for this concert, vote on black and white (or other of band's choice/vote) for another concert when there is more preparation time for players and just dress is nice, clean, spring clothes on Saturday?

That would take away the problems for many, wouldn't hurt anyone and we could look at this issue again in, say, the fall when we do elections, etc?  Just a thought...

Peggy - baritone section