The building and maintaining of a vibrant mountain biking community
takes many individuals and groups.  It starts with small communities
and builds into a national pastime.  Locally we rely on our bike shops
to be the heartbeat of our sport.  They have the tools, local
knowledge and desire to help the sport grow.  Knowing this we have
made a huge push to involve the local shops in the UVMBA.  Many of the
local shop employees already road with us or sponsored their own
rides.  Now they are ready to join on even more by offering current
card holding UVMBA members discounts at their shops.  For this second
push we have 5 local shops that are participating: Omar and Bobs, The
Bike Hub, Mason Racing, EMS and Drummand Cycles.  We are very lucky to
have such a great set of shops that are so close to us.

Here are the discounts that are being offered from the shops:
Mason Racing – Will honor a 10% discount to all members on everything
but labor on the bike side of the shop.
Omar and Bobs - Will honor a 10% discount to all members on everything
but bicycle purchases.
The Bike Hub - Will honor a 10% discount to all members on everything
but labor.
EMS - Will honor club members 15% off cycling items, 20% EMS cycling
items and 10% off bike labor.
Drummand Cycles - Will honor a 10% discount to all members on
everything but labor.

Of course the final discount and decision will always be at the
discretion of the bike store.  They reserve the right to leave this
agreement at any point during the year.  The discounts will be
reevaluated at the beginning of each bike year.

So now I’m sure you are jumping into your car (or on your bike) to get
these amazing cards.  And you are asking where do you get these
cards?  All of the shops have them for sale.  Just ask the guy behind
the sales counter or at the bike counter.  In addition, they are
available through members at group rides or just send me an email and
I will find you and hand it to you!

The prices have remained more or less the same from last year, but we
added a student option as well:
•       Individual - $30
•       Family - $50
•       Student - $15

In addition to the discounts, UVMBA membership has many other
benefits.
•       Being part of such a great group of folks in the Upper Valley
•       General Swag (stickers, t-shirts, etc)
•       Trail Maintenance and Development
o       Tools
o       Wildlife/Botany assessments
o       Wood for bridges
•       Support for the National Mountain Biking organizations (IMBA)
•       Access to map pages on the website (in the works…)
•       And so on…

Last year we had 30 paying members, this year we are looking to double
this.  If you have any questions and/or ideas please do not hesitate
to contact me.  Thank you for helping to promote such an amazing sport
in the Upper Valley.

I will have cards with me at the meeting and ride tomorrow.

Cheers,
Brian Riordan
59 Union Village Rd
Norwich, VT