For all those (50+) who enjoyed Peter's talk last night, and for any who
weren't able to attend, I've posted a 1-page reprint of a 2004 award
citation (with photo). This information complements the nice
introduction provided by Art Mudge.
<http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/doug/orn/stettenheim_auk2004.pdf>

One noteworthy line:  "Behind the scenes, Peter has also been a strong
advocate for increasing communication and cooperation among professional
ornithologists, amateurs, and scientists working in other fields."

We are fortunate to have so many distinguished and enthusiastic
ornithologists in our midst, here in the Upper Valley!

Doug Hardy
Norwich