Managed to get over to Silver Lake and got a glimpse of one Red-necked
Loon- thanks to Ed Hack , who discovered 5 of them and inspired me to go.
.  Took a few picturess and a video in the rain and wind- pretty awful!
But I'm quite confident of the i.d. given the profile and behavior- not a
cormorant though very similar.  Sitting up on the water, head tilted up
slightly,  thicker neck, slightly shorter bill than a Cormie.
Other species of note:

2 Chipping Sparrows singing (maybe more)
2 +  Yellow-rumped Warblers singing. Full brilliant plumage
1 Great Blue Heron
1 Kingfisher
2 Buffleheads- M&F
Robins
4 Brown-headed Cowbirds
1 Red-wing
Chickadees
2 Common Mergansers F
35 Swallows- probably Tree
--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/