from "Edosan" <[log in to unmask]>

Carol,
                I’ve had some great success with The Mixxer (www.language-exchanges.org). It’s a language exchange site similar to Livemocha.com, but it’s totally free and it’s hosted by Dickenson College.  They offer the chance to meet native speakers of your L2 and facilitate partnerships between language learners.  The site also allows for the eventual connection via Skype with language partners met on The Mixxer.  I use it personally to keep abreast of my Russian studies (but admittedly not as often as I should J) and it’s great.  I can’t sing its praises enough!

Give it a shot – I think your student will like it (mine do!).

All the best,
                Edo Forsythe