This is a community service announcement.

Firstly, my name is not really Bartholomew Montgomery.  I am posting under an alias because what I'm about to say will be extremely controversial and I don't wish to be identified in public in connection with it.  However it still needs to be said and someone needs to say it...

I represent a number of FileMaker developers, project managers and other roles who at some time in the past have worked for David Haney and been burnt.  In each case, his actions proved to be unethical, disrespectful and very difficult to work with but most of all he wound up not paying them for a substantial amount of work before either firing them or they quit out of immense frustration.

I know there are a significant number of people in this community who are already very aware of the above and/or who have shared a similar experience.

Therefore in response to David Haney's post below seeking new developers, I believe it is in the best interests of this community to warn anyone considering responding, to either be very careful and diligent, or simply DO NOT do business with David Haney.

There are plenty of other reputable FileMaker companies around that are hiring, that will offer you much more reasonable rates, will treat you with respect, and will in fact pay you for your work.

If you are someone who has had an experience like the above with David Haney, I seek communication with you in order to help others not suffer the same fate.  Please contact me OFF LIST to discuss.

Likewise if you are someone considering applying to work for/with David Haney and you'd like to know more about this warning, please do not hesitate to contact me, and I can potentially put you in touch with others who have suffered at the hands of David Haney and who would share in my efforts to warn you not to do business with him.  Again please contact me OFF LIST.

Please do not reply to this on the list as this email is only an announcement.  I believe this list is not the place for any sort of ongoing discussion about this.

My email:  [log in to unmask]

http://database-systems.com
http://filemakeraccounting.com