from  [log in to unmask]

Hi Carol,

I have 3 suggestions: Pimsleur, Pimsleur, Pimsleur.  I and many of my friends and relatives have used Pimsleur for a variety of languages, and we all love it, even folks who are not that good at learning languages.  Audio only, so you can do it in car, or walking, or at the gym or... All the useful topics you need when first getting to a new country, including office related situations; great recycling of expressions as you were just about to forget them. They recommend you do each 30 mn lesson twice.
If your local public library has it in the language you wish to learn, it's a good idea to try it out that way.
I haven't tried Swahili, but I trust it's as good as other languages that I and other acquaintances have used.
I realize the above sounds like an ad, but I'm just a highly satisfied user (and retired language prof), and have recommended Pimsleur for many years.

Francoise Sorgen-Goldschmidt
Emerita French Department
UC Berkeley