from [log in to unmask]

Dear LLTI,

I have a question from a Japanese instructor that maybe somebody can help us answer:

"How do I get phonetic guide (furigana) to appear on Japanese characters when typing in Microsoft Word on a Macintosh?  On a PC there is an icon in the tool bar that consists of a capital A with lower case abc above it as a superscript (indicating the phonetic guide).  On an older version of Word on my Mac at home I can pull down a menu under formatting and get the selection "phonetic guide for Asian characters."

Maybe MS Word dropped this feature in the Mac version....maybe the feature is under our noses and we can't see it?

Thanks,
David Pankratz
LLRC, Loyola University Chicago