Error during command authentication.

from  [log in to unmask]

Carol,

My $0.02 of advice to your questions:

  - Our faculty in general hate the Smartboards, even the recent ones that
  tend to be used in our newer blended classrooms. They want more mobility,
  and have had much more positive feedback with mobile smart board systems
  like Doceri (http://doceri.com/), which is what we use in our LRC. Plus,
  they are MUCH more cost-effective....
  - We actually have two Cisco systems, one for students and one for
  faculty. The faculty use their EDGE 95 to pipe in experts for classroom
  discussions and for telecollaborative language/ethnography courses with
  partner classrooms (this semester, Sebastien Dubreil is doing his course
  team taught with a colleague from the ENSEIRB in Bordeaux).  We have those
  discussions recorded on our lecture capture from www.323link.com/ for
  deployment onto Bb, iTunesU, Vimeo, or even live feeds through justin.tv.
  It has also been used to conduct candidate interviews. Students use their
  550 MXP to do some homework in those courses, or to be able to have group
  discussions with friends and family. It has also been getting some traction
  as a space for having video interviews for academic positions...much
  slicker than Skype, and the video and sound quality are just better. That
  isn't to say that we haven't had to think about how to make our Cisco
  equipment work with Skype for the occasional odd bird. We have settled upon
  either http://skystonevideo.imagicle.com/ or
  http://www.1pcn.com/skype/tandberg/index.htm, but have not yet made the
  decision.
  - If you are still bound to the desktop model and use Macs at all, I
  would recommend the iGo (http://www.raindesigninc.com/igo.html). Sturdy
  and about as mobile as a desktop table gets. If you are computing with
  laptops or iPads, I would _definitely_ get the new Node Collaborative
  Chairs from Steelcase (
  http://www.steelcase.com/en/products/category/educational/seating/node/pages/node.aspx).
  They are designed for quick, easy transitions from one teaching mode to the
  next, have adjustable tables that swivel in tandem with the seats and can
  be stored, and they have a base that keeps backpacks and valuable personal
  belongings out of the way.

Hope this helps...keep us informed about what you find...it is always
exciting to see what everyone else is doing with their centers.

doug

Douglas W. Canfield
Coordinator III, Language Resource Center
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages & Literatures
University of Tennessee
http://web.utk.edu/~dcanfie1/
Skype: dougcanfield
Second Life: Rockytop Berchot

Schedule time with me: meetme.so/dcanfie1