Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - LLTI Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU from  [log in to unmask]

I don't know of anything for embedding in Powerpoint off the top of my head.  You might want to consider ANVILL as a tool - it has very good tools built in  for recording audio.

We also embed the CLEAR MSU Audio Dropbox in courses in our Moodle CMS. We're able to put sound recordings together with images and the recorder for students quickly and easily. If you have a different CMS, you may still be able to do something similar.

Good luck!

Sarah