from  [log in to unmask]

Hello, all!

I'm checking to see what everyone is doing for access to foreign
programming.  Is anyone still subscribing to satellite broadcasts?  I
have been using SCOLA and DishNET.  Scola is fine.  Dealing with
DishNET, however, is a royal pain.  Particularly since they have gone
completely commercial.  Last year I spent far too many hours on the
phone with various people in the attempt to come to some reasonable
agreement regarding fees.  They raised the fees for TV-5 at least twice,
and then more than tripled the fees for the Spanish-speaking network.
So instead of paying $100/yr for TV-5 and $200/yr for Dish Latino, I
paid them over $985.  And they were supposedly giving me a big break!
We will be charged the "normal" rates this year, whatever they are!

DishNET will not put anything into writing, except for a printed invoice
which usually does not reflect the agreed-upon amount.  They will not
send an email message, for example.

Has anyone had better luck with them in the last year or two?  If so,
with whom have you dealt?

Leslie Graul
Director, Instructional Media Services
Safe Zone Ally
Thiel College
75 College Avenue
Greenville, PA 16125
724-589-2853

Information Technology will never ask for your account information
and/or password through an e-mail message.
Never divulge any personal information through unsecured email messages.