That's the question.

I recently downloaded an ePub book for reading on my iPad. I already possess the original from some decades ago by now find reading on iPad is much easier for me. I can't explain why.

But the 'translation' from the original is so appalling that I would just love to run it through NWP 2.0.2 and do some Find/Replace work.

Some thoughts on ePub format.
Using the volume I downloaded as a starting point, I have a suspicion that whoever produces the eBook does a scan of the original, runs the file through an OCR application, does not do much editing, converts it to ePub format and then loads it onto a web page, or similar.

It may also depend on the particular publisher - one book by the same author is perfect, others ruined by bad editing, I assume.

I am trying to contact the publisher of the poor example.

For anyone really interested, I'll give details if asked.
Regards from brianF