Another way of doing this...

Later versions of FileMaker Pro allow you to import a folder of files into a container field; this import method also generates thumbnails (depening on file type) and imports the file path, which can be useful. Have a read of this:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/539

--
Tim Mansour
Mobile 0405 500 846